Saturday 4 July 2015

SYDNEY: SHERATON ON THE PARK- HOTEL REVIEW

I stayed here for a conference July  2014(5 -6 July).
It's a great location for shopping in Pitt St. If you are coming from the train from the airport you can get off at St James and walk across the road.
The bell boys were busy when I arrived so went in and asked to leave my bags for the conference. Out of the 400 bags left, mine was the only one not taken to my room as it had been marked wrong (not marked check in). Was a busy morning, so I will let it slide, but as feedback, it would have been nice to be listened to.
Check in was actually a breeze after the conference.
I was in room 813. It had a park view. So am going to say it is a Hyde Park View Room.
They had clearly run out of proper twins (not a complaint as we had taken up a lot of rooms). So we had a king split (that could be unzipped for 2 singles but that couldn't be separated properly because of bed head).
Bathroom was great and shower awesome. There was also a bath and there was a space with room for 2 cases in the hall. (love this). The hotel also had a proper hairdryer (took me a while to find as there are tonnes of drawers.
There was a little sitting area as well as a desk in this room.
Wifi was paid wifi. Not sure of the rates.
The bar 1 floor up from the entrance was great, but not quite enough wait staff, but we liked it.
I did like the hotel and it is always nice to visit properties I haven't stayed at before.
Get a good deal and this is a winner






No comments:

Post a Comment