Monday 10 August 2015

BACK HOME AND LOVING IT

So for the last 3 weeks I have been flitting around the country and the world for work and pleasure.
My journey started with a corporate Qantas charter straight in to Las Vegas for the biggest prize in my company: Global Ball. This year held in "The Paradise of Vice".
We stayed at Palazzo. There was a pool party with 3000 of us at Encore Beach Club. A conference opened by 'The Thunder from Down Under" with awards presented by Human Nature and then an hour with our keynote speaker, Gwyneth Paltrow. The final hurrah, a gala awards night with entertainment mid ball with "The Tenors of Rock" and then finally our concert with One Republic followed by our guest DJ Sam Ronson.
Sunday was the day of rest, shopping and recovery and meeting with friends before heading off to New York for a very short, very impromptu trip.
I met up with no fewer than 8 friends over 3 nights, took in a Yankees game and rocked out with U2 at the Garden. Took in a couple of free walking tours and stayed at a great little joint on Park Avenue South.
It was back to Vegas on Thursday to catch up with another friend from my running group and try another hotel.
Friday it was all over and it was back on the plane to Oz.
No time for jet lag as it was back to work Monday for 2 days and then on official annual leave for 2 weeks (yep, the ball and my leave didn't quite line up right).
I was off to our Nation's capital for a quilt retreat with my Aunty. We visited Parliament House and the War Memorial and found a couple of great restaurants. After 4 days it was back on the road to our friend's house in country NSW for more of the same, sewing.....all day, except for lunch.
Finally got home just this Friday gone. Aunty went home today and I got back on the training wagon for the Melbourne Half Marathon in October.
Its back to work Wednesday where I think I have all of about 3 days off in 3 weeks.
So watch this space for plenty of new reviews of the hotels I stayed in, the places I ate and the things I have done.
The most amazing thing about these two trips? I managed to use my smaller case ands travel under 23kgs for both trips... yes even coming home from the USA.
Have a great week and stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment