Thursday 10 September 2015

TOP 10 JAPAN

Having lived in Japan for a few years and made several trips there in the last 10 years.
I love this country, it's food and it's people.
In no particular order, my Top 10 is below. I've done 9 of them, the one that eludes me is the snow festival in Sapporo. There are plenty of other cool things to do in Japan but these are things that stand out for me.


1) Tsukiji Fish Market, Tokyo (indulge in the freshest sashimi. Tip: get there really early to see the most action)
2) Kinkaku-ji, Kyoto
3) Kiyomizu- dera, Kyoto
4) Hiroshima Peace Museum and Park
5) Eat okonomiyaki in Hiroshima
6) Ride the Shinkansen (maybe to Himeji to the castle, which was featured in "Shogun")
7) Sapporo Snow Festival (in February)
8) Spend a day at the Sumo
9) Tea Ceremony, Kyoto
10) Bathe in an onsen (outdoor, preferable)


No comments:

Post a Comment